Richard “Dick” Grabko brings 35 years of successful experience providing project financing, economic, community, and housing development project assistance to public and private sector clients. He has served in leadership roles with the Southeast Minnesota Multi-County Housing and Redevelopment Authority, the City of Faribault, Minn. and the City of Red Wing, Minn. Most recently, Dick served as a Principal and Practice Center Leader for the Community and Economic Development Group for the largest Architectural/Engineering firm in Minnesota.
For industry organizations, Dick has served in both national and state leadership capacities including as President of the Minnesota Chapter of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (Mn NAHRO), where he won the Mn NAHRO Outstanding Achievement Award. In addition, Dick has earned special recognition from the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency as the first recipient of the Agency’s J. Gelitais Housing Achievement Award.
Dick leverages his proven experience and his long-standing relationships with funding agencies to secure favorable project financing for public and private sector clients.
Professional Work Experience
- Principal/Owner – Community Resource Development, LLC
- Director/Practice Center Leader Community and Economic Development – Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH)
- Executive Director – City of Red Wing Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Executive Director – Rice County Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Housing Director – City of Faribault, Minnesota
- Executive Director – Southeast Minnesota Multi County Housing and Redevelopment Authority
- Principal and Associate – SEH
- Housing Committee Chairman – MnNAHRO
- Community Development Committee Chairman – MnNAHRO
- Vice Chairman – Regional NAHRO Community Development Committee
- President – Minnesota NAHRO
- President – City of Red Wing 2020 Sustainable Community Commission
- President –Goodhue County Habitat for Humanity
- Co-Founder and Past President – Goodhue County Pheasants Forever Chapter
- First Recipient of Minnesota Housing Finance Agency Commissioners Award
- Recipient of Mn NAHRO Outstanding Achievement Award
- Red Wing Historic Downtown Business District
- Faribault Historic Downtown Business District
- Morristown, Minn. – Neighborhood Housing Rehabilitation, Downtown Commercial Rehabilitation, Restoration of Historic Grain Mill, New Park Development, Fishing bridges, Rental Housing Development, Public Infrastructure Improvements
- Red Wing, Minn. – Neighborhood Housing Rehabilitation, New Park Development, Rental Housing new and existing, Public Infrastructure Improvements
- P&H Minepro – Virginia, Minn.
- Lutsen Resort – Lutsen, Minn.
- Cedar Grove Business Park – Grand Marais, Minn.
- Tower Business Park – Tower, Minn.
Business Park Expansion
- Grand Rapids, Minn.
- Cohasset, Minn.
- Bois Forte Band of Ojibwe – Tower, Minn.
- Sunrise Valley Housing Subdivision – Red Wing, Minn.
- Single Family Housing Rehabilitation
- Over 50 separate projects throughout the State of Minnesota
Rental Housing Rehabilitation
- Jordan Towers Senior Housing – Red Wing, Minn.
- Heritage Hills Senior Housing – Faribault, Minn.
Community Facility Centers
- Miltona Community Center – Miltona, Minn.
- Faribault Community Center – Faribault, Minn.
Parks, Recreation, Trails
- Morristown, Minn. (trails, picnic area, tennis courts, fishing piers)
- Dundas, Minn. (trails, bridge, picnic area, fishing piers)
Miscellaneous Development Projects
- Collvill Early Childhood Center – Red Wing, Minn.
- Goodhue County Women’s Center – Red Wing, Minn.
- Prairie Island Ice Arena – Red Wing, Minn.